Inhalt des Dokuments
Es gibt keine deutsche Übersetzung dieser Webseite.
Research Assistant (100%, earliest
01.05.2022 - 31.12.2024);
Reference number: IV-82/22 
The AV department is looking for a research assistant (m/f/d) for the CampusOS project. CampusOS is a highly innovative project funded by the Federal Ministry of Economic Affairs and Climate Action (BMWK) with the aim of establishing a technologically sovereign campus network ecosystem in Germany with emphasis on open and secure radio networks, lowering market entry barriers and thus opening the 5G communications market to new providers of industry-specific solutions for campus networks.
The research assistant is responsible for the implementation of the
research activities of the Technische Universität Berlin (TUB),
focusing on the optimization of disaggregated campus networks,
- Analyzing requirements of specialized campus networks and defining and developing appropriate solutions and architectures
- Study of the state of the art in disaggregation of network functions and optimization of software networks
- Development of new algorithms and techniques to optimize data collection and processing, network function placement, robustness, and performance in disaggregated 5G RAN and core network environments Implementation of specific tools to integrate the developed algorithms based on third-party software
- Validating the new developed concepts and mechanisms
- Presentation of the project results in journals, international and national conferences
A PhD thesis preparation stemming from the work is possible and highly suggested.
- successfully completed university degree (Master, Diplom or equivalent) in Computer Science or related field (solid foundations of distributed computing and networking required)
- Very good German language skills
- Very good English language skills
- Strong knowledge in software networks and in communication systems
- Good knowledge in algorithms for networking
- Practical knowledge in prototype development
- Good knowledge in solutions evaluation and validation
- Basics in handling Linux systems and C programming
- Basics in scientific work and writing
Please send your application with the reference number and the usual documents (one file max. 5 MB) only via email to firstname.lastname@example.org . By submitting your application via email you consent to having your data electronically processed and saved. Please note that we do not provide a guaranty for the protection of your personal data when submitted as unprotected file. Please find our data protection notice acc. DSGVO (General Data Protection Regulation) at the TU staff department homepage: https://www.abt2-t.tu-berlin.de/menue/themen_a_z/datenschutzerklaerung/  or quick access 214041. To ensure equal opportunities between women and men, applications by women with the required qualifications are explicitly desired. Qualified individuals with disabilities will be favored. The TU Berlin values the diversity of its members and is committed to the goals of equal opportunities.
Closing date for applications: 14.06.2022
Fakultät IV – Elektrotechnik und Informatik
Sekr. HFT 7
Tel: +49 30 314 21454
Fax: +49 30 314 26769
d.floroiu [at] tu-berlin.de