- © Arcadia
ARCADIA aims to provide a novel reconfigurable by
design highly distributed applications’ development paradigm over
program-mable infrastructure. The objective is to facilitate
application developers to develop software that is able
to benefit of the underlying infrastructure, while in parallel support the deployment and dynamic configuration of applications in an optimal and autonomic manner.
ARCADIA project aims to design and validate a paradigm so as to:
- enable the deployment of eco-systems offering a plethora of innovation opportunities for software industry as well as SMEs
- Introduce the use of advanced applica-tions and end-to-end services
- Maintaining network reliability & security
- Improving network utilization & opera-tional efficiency
The proposed framework is going to rely on the design and development of a novel reactive software development paradigm for concurrent and highly distributed applications as well as the design and development of a holistic applications’ deployment and management framework over programmable infrastructure.
- Leverage the re-configurability aspects of highly distributed applications and facilitate the design over program-mable infrastructure based on the conceptualization and instantiation of a Reference Framework
- Prove the applicability, usability, effectiveness and value of the ARCADIA concepts, models and mechanisms in industrial, real-life networking and computational infra-structures, services and applications, demonstrating and stress-testing the developed ARCADIA artifacts under pragmatic conditions against a predefined set of use cases.
- Ensure wide communication and scientific dissemina-tion of the innovative ARCADIA results to the research, academic, and international community as well as effi-cient exploitation and business planning of the ARCADIA concepts and tools to the market in order to identify end-users and potential customers.
Validation of the designed and developed solutions will be realized through the following cases:
- Energy Efficiency vs Quality of Service (QoS) trade-off Use Case.
- High Performance Survivable Communications in Dis-tributed Internet of Things (IoT) Deployments Use Case
- Security and Privacy Support in the FI-WARE Platform Use Case
ContactDr. Stefan Covaci
Senior Solutions Architect
sec. HFT 7