Inhalt des Dokuments
CI-FIRE: Fostering smart, sustainable Future Internet Services in Europe
- © CI-FIRE
The Future Internet will drive innovation in
almost all industries and will shape the future of the service-based
economy in Europe. One way of supporting this goal is to create
mechanisms that help translate outstanding research results into
innovation. The CI-FIRE project is part of the European Commission’s
programme for Future Internet Research and Experimentation (FIRE) that
will help to establish these mechanisms.
The main goal of CI-FIRE is to foster the implementation of sustainable business models for FIRE facilities.
CI-FIRE focuses on enabling the sustainable use of FIRE facilities as part of a collective effort to help create a market for innovative Internet technologies in Europe. Thus, CI-FIRE support the EU goal of creating jobs and growth through new Internet-enabled services and products.
In order to support the sustainable use of FIRE facilities in the generation of Internet-enabled services and products, CI-FIRE will:
- Analyse the sustainability potential of FIRE facilities
- Develop an experimentation-driven innovation business framework template
- Analyse and develop sustainable business model scenarios
- Facilitate the implementation of an exemplary collaboration between selected FIRE facilities and EIT ICT Labs
- Develop a standardised process for sustainable use of FIRE facilities
EURESCOM , Germany
Technische Universität Berlin , Germany
Martel Consulting,  Switzerland
Trust-IT Services,  UK
Universite de Pierre and Marie Curie,  France