Inhalt des Dokuments
OpenSDNCore – Research & Testbed for the carrier-grade NFV/SDN environment
OpenSDNCore  is a practical implementation of the future network evolution paradigms, realizing Network Functions Virtualisation (NFV) and Software Defined Network (SDN) concepts, providing early prototyping of a service enablement platform on top of common infrastructure components.
TU Berlin – AV together with Fraunhofer FOKUS have been working on the OpenSDNCore toolkit, which is a software toolkit enabling R&D in the fields of carrier-grade cloud based infrastructures. Specifically addressing telco needs, including features for:
- Management and Orchestration
- Flexible inter-data center networking
- Interaction with physical infrastructure
- Robust virtual network support
- Network functions placement
- Service chaining
OpenSDNCore  is based on the following specifications and functionalities:
- ETSI NFV MANO aligned Orchestrator integrated with OpenStack enabling the dynamic deployment and run-time management of virtual network functions
- ONF OpenFlow 1.4 alligned Switch and Controller extended to support telecom specific features
- A set of best practices virtual network functions and their afferent adaptors based on SDN components, Open5GCore and OpenIMSCore.
SDN and NFV research activities and OpenSDNCore  toolkit developments is a joined development between Fraunhofer FOKUS Competence Center NGNI  and the Techische Universität Berlin (TUB) – AV research group .
For more information on OpenSDNCore, please visit www.OpenSDNCore.org 
ContactDr.-Ing. Marius Corici
Next Generation Netowrks and Cloud Computing
Institute Fraunhofer FOKUS
+49 30 3463-7271
e-mail query