Inhalt des Dokuments
Dr.-Ing. Florian Schreiner
He studied electrical engineering first at the Friedrich Alexander Universität in Erlangen-Nürnberg  and after he received his prediploma he move to Technische Universität Berlin  with specific emphasis on Telecommunication networks and information transmission from where he holds a degree in "Electrical Engineering". He has been working at the Fraunhofer Institute for Open Communication Systems (FOKUS)  since 2001 where he was doing his master thesis in the field of location based services and ad-hoc networks.
Florian has been working in parallel in industry and research projects for Next Generation Networks (NGNs). He led the developments of IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS) based FMC applications for O2 Germany . Since then Florian focused on IMS/NGN management solutions soon using his expertise in the context of several consultancy projects for major European operators and Business / Operation Support System vendors. Based on the Open IMS Core project , Florian leads the Open Management Console OMACO  implementation project, which initially was capable of managing the Open IMS Playground  later on also of managing the Open SOA Telco Playground  in terms of service assurance, i.e. monitoring, fault management and service fulfillment, i.e. user and service provisioning. Currently, Florian is managing FOKUS’ R&D activities within the project Multi Access Modular Services Framework MAMSplus  (led by Deutsche Telekom, funded by the Federal Ministry of Education and Research BMBF) where he also coordinates the developments of the IMS/NGN management system. Apart from that he is participating in the European Union FP7 project PII , where he actively contributes to the development of TEAGLE, a tool for federating Future Internet testbeds. Besides these activities, he has been managing several international IMS/NGN testbed projects at major telecommunication operators, e.g. lately in Korea, Indonesia and Saudi Arabia. He is senior researcher at Fraunhofer Institute FOKUS finalizing his PhD on Operation Support Systems (OSS) for NGNs at Technische Universität Berlin, Germany. His major area of expertise is Service Oriented Architecture SOA-based OSS for NGNs, NGN Service Delivery Platforms, composite NGN services, autonomic communication  as well as IP performance measurement. He is the author of several research papers and journals and frequently presents latest achievements in the field of IMS, NGN and OSS for NGNs at national and international conferences.
The Next Generation Network, the IMS in combination with flexible SOA-based SDPs provides adequate means for telecommunication operators to provide rich, access-network independent communication services to a broad rang of users. A next generation, “open garden” infrastructure allows telecommunication operators to more and more become service providers and enabling an entirely new range of new business models. By providing mechanisms to flexibly and securely expose telecommunication services in a user-centric fashion, these SDPs moreover enable feature-rich services, based on Telco as well as Web 2.0 components, so called service mash-ups. In order to rapidly create, deploy and provide these new telecommunication services and service compositions, Florian investigates and develops SOA-based mechanisms for the automation of the telecommunication service management life-cycle. The goal of his research is the development of a flexible and dynamic management framework for NGNs that enables the provision of feature-rich, value-added service mash-ups with high availability and minimal time to market. Apart from working on industry projects, Florian is constantly working on national and European research projects, supervising bachelor, master and diploma thesis. If you are interested in participating in upcoming calls or if you are student looking for a project that will provide you with hands-on experience, do not hesitate to contact Florian via email.
- T. Magedanz, F. Schreiner. S. Wahle “From NGN to Future Internet Testbed Management – Collaborative Testbeds as Enabler for Cross-Technology, Cross-Layer and Cross-Domain Communication and Network Research”, TELEKOMMUNIKATION AKTUELL, to be released mid 2009, Verlag für Wissenschaft und Leben Georg Heidecker GmbH, Erlangen
- N. Blum, T. Magedanz, F. Schreiner, and S. Wahle. “From IMS Management to SOA based NGN Management “, Journal of Network and Systems Management, 17, 2009. (accepted for publication) Springer Netherlands, ISSN 1064-7570.
- N. Blum, T. Magedanz, F. Schreiner, “The Role of Service Brokers for Composed Services in an Open Service Environment”, TELEKOMMUNIKATION AKTUELL 1-2/2008, Verlag für Wissenschaft und Leben Georg Heidecker GmbH, Erlangen, ISSN 1619-2036
- N. Blum, T. Magedanz, F. Schreiner, "Definition of a Service Delivery Platform for Service Exposure and Service Orchestration in Next Generation Networks", UbiCC Journal - Volume 3 Number 3, 2008, www.ubicc.org/journal_detail.aspx , ISSN: 1994-4608
- N. Blum, P. Jacak, F. Schreiner, D. Vingarzan, P. Weik - "Towards Standardized and Automated Fault Management and Service Provisioning for NGNs" Journal of Network and Systems Management, Springer Netherlands, ISSN 1064-7570 (Print) 1573-7705 (Online), Volume 16, Number 1 / March 2008, pages 63-91
- T. Magedanz, F. Schreiner, P. Weik - "Das IP Multimedia Subsystem"; Handbuch der Telekommunikation, Dr. Franz Arnold, 124. Erg.-Lfg. Kapitel 184.108.40.206, ISBN 978-3871560965, Franz Arnold (Hrsg.) Wolters Kluwer Deutschland GmbH, March 2007
- B. Harjoc, T. Magedanz, F. Schreiner, “Automated Root Cause Analysis for IMS and SDP”, accepted for NGMAST 2009 - Third International Conference on NEXT GENERATION MOBILE APPLICATIONS, SERVICES and TECHNOLOGIES, Cardiff, Wales, UK, 15-18 September 2009.
- T. Magedanz, F. Schreiner, and S. Wahle, “Service-Oriented Testbed Infrastructures and Cross-Domain Federation for Future Internet Research.”, In 2009 IFIP/IEEE International Symposium on Integrated Network Management Proceedings, New York, USA, June 2009. IEEE. Accepted for publication in 2009.
- B. Harjoc, T. Magedanz, F. Schreiner, D. Vingarzan, “Automated Fault Localization based on Unified Web Service and NGN Benchmarking”. IEEE Symposium on Computers and Communications (ISCC'09), July 5 - 8, 2009, Sousse, Tunisia. Accepted for publication in 2009.
- N. Blum, T. Magedanz, F. Schreiner: “Management of SOA based NGN service exposure, service discovery and service composition”, to appear in 11th IFIP/IEEE International Symposium on Integrated Network Management, New York USA, June 2009
- N. Blum, T. Magedanz, F. Schreiner, and S. Wahle. A Research Infrastructure for SOA-based Service Delivery Frameworks - The Open SOA Telco Playground at Fraunhofer FOKUS. In TRIDENTCOM 2009, 5th International Conference on Testbeds and Research Infrastructures for the Development of Networks and Communities, Washington DC, USA, April 2009. IEEE. Accepted for publication in 2009, ISBN: 978-1-4244-2847-2, IEEE Catalog Number: CFP09364.
- N. Blum, T. Magedanz, F. Schreiner, "Services, Enablers and Architectures: Definition of a Connected Web 2.0 / Telco Service Broker to Enable New Flexible Service Exposure Models", Proc. of International Conference on Intelligence in Networks (ICIN), Bordeaux, 20 - 23 October 2008, ISBN 978-1-60702-868-0
- F. Schreiner, S. Wahle, N. Blum, T. Magedanz: “Modular Exposure of Next Generation Network Services to Enterprises and Testbed Federations”, HUT-ICCE 2008, 2nd International Conference on Communications and Electronics, June 4-6, 2008, Hoi An, Vietnam, ISBN 978-1-4244-2425-2, IEEE CN CFP0816B-PRT
- J. M. Gonzalez, F. Gouveia, J. A. Lozano, T. Magedanz, , F. Schreiner, , "Towards Autonomic Communication Mechanisms for Service Composability Management," ease, pp.197-203, Fifth IEEE Workshop on Engineering of Autonomic and Autonomous Systems (ease 2008), 2008
- N. Blum, F. Schreiner, T. Magedanz, “Emerging Web and Telecom Services: Prototyping FMC Services based on IMS and Web 2.0 for a Mobile Operator”, International Conference on Intelligence in Networks (ICIN) 2007, Bordeaux, France, 8 - 11 October 2007
- F. Dinu, P. Jacak, N. Blum, F. Schreiner, T. Magedanz, “Automated Service Provisioning and Fault Management for OSIMS Based NGNs”, In Proceedings of the 14th Annual Workshop of HP Software University Association, 2007, ISBN-13: 978-3-00-021690-9, pp. 271-276, Infonomics--Consulting, Stuttgart, Germany, July, 2007
- Magedanz, T., Schreiner, F., Ziemek, H., “GRIPS - Generic radio based indoor positioning system”, Joint 2nd Workshop on Positioning, Navigation and Communication 2005, WPNC '05 & 1st Ultra-Wideband Expert Talk 2005, UET '05 : University of Hannover, Hannover, Germany, Herzogenrath: Shaker, 2005 (Hannoversche Beiträge zur Nachrichtentechnik. Special issue 2), ISBN: 3-8322-3746-1, pp.133-140, 2005
- Ibach, P., Schreiner, F., Ziemek, H., “Ortung drahtlos kommunizierender Endgeräte mit GRIPS/MagicMap”, Workshop Integration heterogener, interaktiver Systems, Gesellschaft für Informatik -GI-, Bonn, Informatik 2005 - Informatik LIVE!. Bd.2 : Beiträge der 35. Jahrestagung der Gesellschaft für Informatik, Uni Bonn,: GI, 2005 (GI-Edition 68), ISBN: 3-88579-397-0, pp.543-547, Bonn, 2005
- T. Magedanz, F. Schreiner, H. Ziemek, “ORPS - The omni radio based positioning system for indoor environments”, Ubiquitous services and applications : Exploiting the potential. Conference proceedings, VDE Verlag, ISBN: 3-8007-2891-5, pp.79-86, Heidelberg, Germany, April 2005
- F. Schreiner, H. Ziemek, ”RAPOSI: Rapidly installable positioning system for indoor environments”, Mobility aware technologies and applications : Second international workshop, MATA 2005, Montreal, Canada, October 17-19, 2005 ; proceedings, Berlin: Springer, 2005 (Lecture Notes in Computer Science 3744), ISBN: 3-540-29410-4, ISBN: 978-3-540-29410-8, ISSN: 0302-9743, S.344-353, International Workshop on Mobility Aware Technologies and Applications (MATA), 2005
- F. Schreiner, T. Magedanz: “Operations and Business Support Systems for Next Generation Networks and the IP Multimedia System”, halfday Tutorial at 4th International Conference on Testbeds and Research Infrastructures for the Development of Networks and Communities, TRIDENTCOM, Innsbruck, Austria, 2008
- F. Schreiner, T. Magedanz: “Operations and Business Support Systems for Next Generation Networks and the IP Multimedia System”, halfday Tutorial at 5th Latin American Network Operations and Management Symposium (LANOMS), Petrópolis, Brazil September 10-12, 2007
Faculty IV – Elektrotechnik und Informatik
sec. HFT 7
Tel: +49 30 314 21454
Fax: +49 30 314 26769
d.floroiu [at] tu-berlin.de