Inhalt des Dokuments
- © Peter Weik
Graduated: 2004, University of
Karlsruhe, Dipl. Wi.-Ing.
Research Topics: IMS, Identity Management
Activities: OpenIMSCore, MAMSPlus, OpenEPC
He studied at the University of Karlsruhe, Germany  with specific emphasis on Telematics and Telecommunication networks from where he holds a degree in "Industrial Engineering and Management Science". While doing his master thesis at the Fraunhofer Institute for Open Communication Systems (FOKUS) in the field of next generation AAA infrastructures, he joined the team of Prof. Magedanz in 2004.
Since 2004 Peter has been working in parallel in industry and research projects for Next Generation Networks (NGNs). He lead the developments for a Diameter server prototypes in the BMBF project BiB3R  and within the Open IMS Core project , worked in the specification for an IMS Benchmarking standard in ETSI TISPAN  and was responsible in the EU-FP6 IST project SPICE  for Authentication, Authorization and Accounting (AAA) for a NGN service delivery platform. He is working as one maintainer for the Open IMS Core project  an open source project which is helping to speed up the adoption of NGNs in the industry and helped in large parts to establish the Open IMS Playground . Currently, he works for the BMBF project MAMSplus  as task leader for IMS Core and client developments. Besides these activities, he has been managing numerous industry projects in the context of NGNs at the Fraunhofer Institute FOKUS.
As telecommunication operators are moving into the direction of becoming more and more service providers, there is an urgent need to look into concepts on how to enrich their customer experience far beyond providing voice services. Peter's research topics circle around an holistic approach to service provisioning in all-IP networks for telecommunication infrastrcutures - from a user as well as a service perspective. He is looking into concepts for integration of user-centric identity management solutions into a NGN reference architecture as well as the dynamic service provisioning aspects for NGN clients. Aside from the work on industry projects focused on NGNs, Peter is always working on several academic research projects, Open IMS Core extensions and/or user-centric identity management solutions for NGNs.
- P. Weik, D. Vingarzan, T. Magedanz - "The FOKUS Open IMS Core - A Global Reference Implementation" in IMS Handbook: Concepts, Technologies, and Services, Editors: Mohammad Ilyas and Syed Ahson, Taylor & Francis, New York, November 2008, pp. 113 - 132, ISBN 978-1420064599
- N. Blum, T. Magedanz, P. Weik - "The Integration of IMS into Service Delivery Platforms based on Service Oriented Architectures" in IMS Handbook: Concepts, Technologies, and Services, Editors: Mohammad Ilyas and Syed Ahson, Taylor & Francis, New York, November 2008, pp. 307 - 328, ISBN 978-1420064599
- P. Weik, S.Wahle - "Towards a Generic Identity Enabler for Telco Networks", 12th International Conference on Intelligence in Service Delivery Networks (ICIN) 2008, Bordeaux, France, October 20-23, (2008) - Services, Enablers and Architectures; Supporting Business Models for a New Open World. ICIN. ISBN 978-1-60702-868-0
- P. Jacak, T. Magedanz, P. Weik - "Design and Implementation of a NGN Service and User Provisioning System", 3rd IEEE International Workshop on Bro adband Convergence Networks (BcN 2008), Proceedings: Standards, Architectures and Managements of Broadband convergence Networks, BcN 2008, ISBN 978-1-4244-2067-4, pp. 71-74, Salvador, Bahia, Brazil, April 2008
- P. Weik, S. Wahle, F. Carvalho de Gouveia, T. Magedanz - "Experiences on the Establishment and Provisioning of NGN/IMS Testbeds - The FOKUS Open IMS Playground and the related Open Source IMS Core", 11th International Conference on Intelligence in Service Delivery Networks (ICIN) 2007, Bordeaux, France, October 8-11, 2007
- H. Rajasekaran, P. Laitinen, G. Marton, R. Seidl, P. Weik - "Trust Framework and Service Delivery in SPICE" 11th International Conference on Intelligence in Service Delivery Networks (ICIN), Bordeaux, France, October 8-11, 2007
- P. Weik, S. Chen, T. Magedanz - "Design and Implementation of an Extensible Online Charging Architecture for the Open IMS Playground", 3rd IEEE International Conference on Testbeds and Research Infrastructures for the Development of Networks and Communities (TridentCom 2007), ISBN: 1-4244-0739-7, Orlando, Florida, USA, May 21-23, 2007
- T. Magedanz, F. Schreiner, P. Weik - "Das IP Multimedia Subsystem"; Handbuch der Telekommunikation, Dr. Franz Arnold, 124. Erg.-Lfg. Kapitel 220.127.116.11, ISBN 978-3871560965, Franz Arnold (Hrsg.) Wolters Kluwer Deutschland GmbH, March 2007
- P. Weik, D.Vingarzan, T. Magedanz - "Towards an Open Source IMS Core System Enabling Rapid Prototyping of NGN Services", NGNM06 - 3rd International Workshop on "Next Generation Networking Middleware", Coimbra, Portugal, 19 May 2006, pp. 23-29, ISBN 972-95988-7-8
- D. Vingarzan, P. Weik "End-to-end Performance of the IP Multimedia Subsystem over Various Wireless Networks", IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conference 2006, 3-6 April, Las Vegas, USA
- P. Weik, D. Vingarzan, T. Magedanz - "Design and Implementation of an Open IMS Core", MATA 2005, 2nd International Workshop on Mobility Aware Technologies and Applications (Formerly Mobile Agents for Telecommunication Applications), Montreal, Canada, 17.- 19. October 2005, www.congresbcu.com/mata2005/ - "Mobility Aware Technologies and Applications", Second International Workshop, MATA 2005, LNCS 3755, ISSN 0302-9743, ISBN-10 3-540-29410-4, Springer Verlag Berlin Heidelberg, 2005
- P. Weik, T. Magedanz - "Design and Development of a RADIUS to Diameter Translation Agent for Converged WiFi, WiMAX and 3G Networks", International Conference on Intelligence in Networks (ICIN) - Enabling service delivery networks for the multimedia age, Bordeaux, France, October 18-21, 2004
IV – Elektrotechnik und Informatik
Tel: +49 30 314 21454
Fax: +49 30 314 26769
d.floroiu [at] tu-berlin.de